[cgl_discussion] PoC minutes, 3/13 (HDI)

Cress, Andrew R andrew.r.cress at intel.com
Thu Mar 13 11:45:56 PST 2003

Andy/Rod,

The hard part about HDI is with hot-swap PCI, but with SCSI, I have already
got a user-space service (sgraidmon) that monitors scsi disks for hotswap,
using serial numbers for uniqueness, at http://scsirastools.sourceforge.net.

Not sure how this fits together with the HDI project.  I believe the MV
project for SCSI/FC hotswap is trying to put similar functionality in the
kernel.  Maybe we should talk further?

Andy Cress