[cgl_discussion] Re: AEM - FAQ

Frederic Rossi (LMC) Frederic.Rossi at ericsson.ca
Thu Mar 13 19:12:47 PST 2003

Thanks for the suggestions.

The API is documented in the requirement
document (and some old documents).
But I can extract it and put it on the web site too
althoug it will change soon.

Regarding libevent (and I guess this is true for liboop or
glib), although I've heard good things about it, I cannot see
how a generic event loop can be more efficient than handling
events directly from the notifications using a custom
architecture (using AIO for example). So it doesn't
solve the problem. This kind of user space architecture is
exactly what we want to avoid.
I didn't compare because they really don't fall into the
same kind of tool.

Frederic