[cgl_discussion] Another question on AEM

Dave Olien dmo at osdl.org
Thu Mar 20 11:53:54 PST 2003

Frederic,

Reading your article on AEM some more, I'd like to understand a little
better what the event handler's constructors and destructors do.

I gather that these are executed just prior to and just after the execution
of the user-mode event handler.  They execute in conjunction with the
kernel constructing the user-mode stack for posting the event.

So, I imagine these have to do with setting up user-mode access to
the data delivered with the event?

So, these constructors/destructors are responsible for doing the
allocation of user-mode memory to hold this data?

Are the constructor/destructor routines based on information passed
in with the definition of the event handler?