[cgl_discussion] Re: questions on AEM article

Dave Olien dmo at osdl.org
Thu Mar 20 14:12:49 PST 2003

OK, so there is a way to block event delivery.

Code for libraries routines in libc for example,
won't be modified to block events.

So the application would have to block event delivery before
calling a library routine that might be vulnerable to
event delivery.  Vulnerable library routines are ones
that are called from within both event handler context
and from "main level" context.

Likewise, any user-mode lock that's acquired both
in "main level" context and from within an event
handler, should block event delivery before acquiring
the lock.