[cgl_discussion] Trusted Debian announcement...

Karl Klashinsky klash at cisco.com
Wed Mar 26 11:25:37 PST 2003

Haven't seen anyone else mention it, thought I'd forward it around for
general FYI...

http://www.trusteddebian.org/

<quote>

The Trusted Debian project aims to create a highly secure but usable Linux
platform. To accomplish this, the project will use currently available
security solutions for Linux (like kernel patches, compiler patches,
security related programs and techniques) and knit these together to a
highly secure Linux platform.

The current release is the v0.9 beta release. This Trusted Debian release
can be used for:

    * Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) over the Internet
    * Secure Wireless LAN communication
    * Internet and intranet servers
    * Firewalls
    * Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
    * WWW caching proxy server
    * Some other server related purposes

</quote>

Not exactly targetting CGL's scope, but of interest, IMO.

--
klash        |       |      I feel like I'm diagonally parked
            .|.     .|.     in a parallel universe.