[cgl_discussion] RE: [Fwd: hotswap and CGL (fwd)]

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Thu May 1 13:46:28 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 12:14, John J Grana wrote:
(...)
> It appears we have now pci_hotplug, cpci_hotplug. We need another - packet
> switched backplane hotplug (psb_hotplug). I believe the main question is
> - should it be IPMI based or ethernet.
> When I brought this up some months ago, my impression was that IPMI had the
> most votes.

Yes, and that still seems to be the case, as the IPMI has been merged into
2.5 (and Corey also seems to have patches for 2.4 on Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36127)
while I still have not heard anybody implementing the alternative Ethernet
solution as an Open Source project.

--MiKu