[cgl_discussion] Using XML-RPC for Remote Access to openHpi Libraries

David Judkovics djudkovi at us.ibm.com
Mon May 5 22:26:54 PDT 2003

I'm working in the SourceForge openHpi project.  openHpi will provide an
industry standard for monitoring and control.  Our architecture requires
remote procedure calls to instances of the openHpi library on remote
machines.  After a quick prototype using standard RPC we are thinking
XML-RPC is worth an investigation and prototyping.

I have found at least one vendor offering XML interfaces to their
proprietary systems management software.  XML-RPC will require a XML
parser and a HTTP sever. Versions of both are availibility for embedded
applications.

 Is the use of XML-RPC on telco severs acceptable to the TEMs?

Best Regards

David Judkovics

djudkovi at us.ibm.com
Software Engineer