[cgl_discussion] Using XML-RPC for Remote Access to openHpi Libraries

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Mon May 5 16:07:12 PDT 2003

What interfaces/implementation portions do you need RPC for?  Perhaps
the SAF AIS could be used for your messaging needs for an integrated
solution?  An HPI implementation that depends on something like rpc is
unlikely to be widely used for several reasons (security, performance,
reliability, requirement of more management of an http server and xml
parser from the administrator).

Shouldn't HPI just reside on one node, and not require multiple node access?

Thanks
-steve