[cgl_discussion] Using XML-RPC for Remote Access to openHpi L ibraries

Cress, Andrew R andrew.r.cress at intel.com
Wed May 7 07:01:18 PDT 2003

OK, but I think this may need more explanation.

In the brief explanation in section 3.7, what appears to be key is that
where the platform provides a proxy or remote interface, such as
CMM-to-blades, HPI sessions should use it seamlessly.  However, I'm
concerned when section 3.7 is interpreted so that all HPI sessions opened by
a given library implementation have to go through RPC or similar before
accessing the platform resources, which are often local to the library.  I
don't think that was the intent of the spec was it?

If the RPC-like stuff is intended to be skipped for local resources, then I
think we're on the same page.

Andy