[cgl_discussion] RE: REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS TRANSACTION

MRS ROSEMARY OKOLO rosemary at ecplaza.net
Wed May 21 19:04:19 PDT 2003

DEAR SIR,

MY NAME IS MRS ROSEMARY OKOLO, THE MANAGER CREDIT AND
FOREIGN BILLS OF ECOBANK OF NIGERIA .I AM WRITING
IN RESPECT OF A FOREIGN CUSTOMER OF MY BANK WITH ACCOUNT NUMBER
14-255-2004/utb/t WHO DIED IN A PLANE CRASH
[ETHIOPIAN AIRLINE 961] WITH OTHER PASSENGERS ABOARD.

SIR, SINCE THE DEATH OF THIS CUSTOMER I PERSONALLY
HAVE WATCHED WITH KEEN INTEREST TO SEE THE NEXT OF
KIN BUT ALL HAS PROVED ABORTIVE AS NO ONE HAS COME TO
CLAIM HIS FUNDS OF USD15.5 M, [FIFTEEN MILLION FIVE
HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS] HAS BEEN WITH
MY BANK FOR A VERY LONG TIME.

ON THIS NOTE I DECIDED TO SEEK FOR WHOM HIS NAME
SHALL BE USED AS THE NEXT OF KIN AS NO ONE HAS COME UP TO BE THE NEXT
OF KIN. AND THE BANKING ETHICS HERE DOES NOT ALLOW
SUCH MONEY TO STAY MORE THAN FOUR YEARS, BECUASE
AFTER FOUR YEARS THE ACCOUNT WILL BE DECLARED DORMANT AND
THE MONEY FORFEITED TO THE BANK.

IN VIEW OF THIS, I DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU TO ACT AS
THE NEXT OF KIN. THE REQUEST OF A FOREIGNER AS NEXT
OF KIN IN THIS BUSINESS IS OCCASIONED BY THE FACT THAT
THE CUSTOMER WAS A FOREIGNER. I AGREED THAT 30% OF
THIS MONEY WILL BE FOR YOU AS A FOREIGN PARTNER IN
RESPECT OF PROVIDING AN ACCOUNT, WHILE THE REST WILL
BE FOR ME. THEREAFTER I WILL VISIT YOUR COUNTRY FOR
DISBURSEMENT .

THEREFORE TO FACILITATE THE IMMEDIATE TRANSFER OF
THIS FUND TO YOUR ACCOUNT AS ARRANGED, YOU MUST APPLY FIRST TO THE BANK
AS A RELATION TO THE DECEASED INDICATING YOUR BANK
NAME, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER, YOUR PRIVATE
TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND FAX NUMBER FOR EASY COMMUNICATION AND
LOCATION WHERE THE MONEY WILL BE REMITTED. UPON THE
RECEIPT OF YOUR REPLY, I WILL SEND YOU BY FAX OR
E-MAIL THE APPLICATION AND THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE. I
WILL NOT FAIL TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE THAT THIS
BUSINESS IS HITCH FREE AND THAT YOU SHOULD NOT
ENTERTAIN ANY FEAR AS
THE WHOLE REQUIRED ARRANGEMENT HAS BEEN MADE FOR THE
TRANSFER. YOU SHOULD CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE
THIS LETTER. TRUSTING TO HEAR FROM YOU.

YOURS RESPECTFULLY,
MRS ROSEMARY OKOLO
GENERAL MANAGER