[cgl_discussion] POC Meeting Agenda 9:30 PST

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Wed Nov 5 08:29:00 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 08:08, La Monte H.P. Yarroll wrote:
> What is cgl-techboard?

The technical people of CGL have three mailing lists:
  a) cgl_discussion (duh!), which is totally open to
      anybody. Unfortunately posting is now subscriber only
      because of spam. Currently even with all possible
      spam etc. mail filters in place I need to manually
      discard 3-5 spam emails a day.
  b) cgl_specs, which is the mailing list where we discuss
      our specification. Because of things explained here:
      http://www.osdl.org/lab_activities/carrier_grade_linux/participation.html
      anybody who wants to join that mailing list has to sign
      a CGL Participant Agreement. For the record, we have several
      individuals who have done that.
  c) cgl_tech_board, which is the mailing list I use to discuss
      the unavoidable management things with the technical leads
      of the member companies. To get to that list, you need to
      be an employee of an OSDL sponsor company.

Now PoC-sg is not restricted by the CGL Participation Agreement,
so that is why Steven does his stuff on cgl_discussion. But to
avoid misuse of OSDL telephone conferencing system, the phone
numbers are only published on cgl_tech_board. If you want to be
on PoC-calls, please ask Steven to email the number to you
privately.

Hope this explains things.

--MiKu