[cgl_discussion] POC 11/5/03 Meeting Minutes
sdake at mvista.com
Wed Nov 5 10:35:05 PST 2003
POC 11/5/03 Meeting Minutes
Venkata @ IBM
Rusty @ Intel
Julie @ Intel
Mika @ OSDL
Johannes @ Nokia
Pradeep @ Cisco
Ge @ Sun
Steve @ MontaVista
Ashish @ Timesys
La Monte Yarrol AKA piggy @ Timesys
Grammatical Errors should be corrected
* Errors like CCM 1.2 that are confusing should be corrected without
changing spirit of requirements significantly.
* we should not remove clauses of requirements, only modify them when
they are unclear.
* if we define terms such as immediatly or fast, we should be careful
not to exclude any current POCs that could possibly meet the requirement
* Process is POC sends errata to SPECS, SPECS approves or disapproves,
once SPECS approves, send to techboard for signoff
* Rationale must be provided for each correction.
* developer notes seperate from errata but in same document. Both are
binding on requirements in terms of registration.
* Three classes of errata, developer notes, narrowing requirements to
minimize misinterpretations, and grammatical errors which dont change
the requirement meaning
* Take our time and only produce one errata document this year.
Errata #1 IPv6 MIBs
AR Venkata to provide updated requirement.
current RFCs not obsolete, not obsolete for awhile, internet drafts
updated but not accepted as proposed standards. Current draft
implementations should be considered as acceptable to meet the
requirements of this requirement.
not errata with the specs, but with tracking list.
AR steve specify instead of immediately, some implementation specific
AR steve errata as suggested in agenda.
AR steve to write changed requirement.
AR steve remove extra bullet.
More information about the cgl_discussion