[cgl_discussion] New Top Issues item: SVC.1.4 - UDP MIBS

Fleischer, Julie N julie.n.fleischer at intel.com
Wed Nov 5 16:03:37 PST 2003

Along the lines of our SVC.1.4 discussion on the errata for this requirement:  Because the UDB MIBS draft is new, there isn't be enough time to implement a product based on this draft this year (see Yixiong's original email).  There was also originally some concern that it is still unstable, but Venkata believes that it is not.  In addition, there is no open source implementation of the old RFC.

So, we don't currently have a PoC implementation for the UDP MIBS portion of SVC.1.4.  Yixiong believes that by Q1 of 2004 there could be an implementation (It's not in our original goal of end of 2003, but maybe this would meet distros schedule nonetheless?).

So, I propose we place this on the Top Issues list to track to ensure there is an open source project that meets all of requirement SVC.1.4 for CGL 2.0 at least by Q1 2004.

- Julie

**These views are not necessarily those of my employer.**