[cgl_discussion] Typo in CGL requirements definition V2.0?

Fleischer, Julie N julie.n.fleischer at intel.com
Tue Nov 11 08:36:35 PST 2003

> I am going through the requirements for CGL 2.0,and have found
> what I believe to be a typo in the doc.
>
> Page 29, item STD.2.20 (thread safe functions) claims to be
> useful for POSIX timers, but I believe that it should read
> POSIX threads.

You're right that that sentence is incorrect.  I'd propose we remove the sentence "This functionality is used in POSIX Timers."  When the requirement was written, the sentence was referring to the functions asctime_r, ctime_r, gmtime_r, and localtime_r; however, those actually aren't part of POSIX timers per se (not part of the TMR tag at least).

- Julie

**These views are not necessarily those of my employer.**