[cgl_discussion] DCML

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Tue Nov 18 10:58:40 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 09:28, Adriano Galano wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Would be DCML [
> http://news.com.com/2100-1013_3-5108436.html?tag=nefd_top ] part of CG
> Linux specs?
>
> Maybe it would make sense in the Data Center Linux project. But IMO
> interoperability would be one layer also in the CG effort.

I think this falls into same category with CIM as being above the value-line,
i.e. instead of being part of [mythical undefined thing called] "OS", it is
part of another [mythical undefined thing called] "middleware".

Personally, I think that until the industry shows some indication to actually
rallying under these myriad ways of managing "systems" (= yet another mythical
undefined thing), I do not want to spend valuable CGL cycles on trying to figure
out which one will "win".