[cgl_discussion] DCML

Adriano Galano adriano at satec.es
Tue Nov 18 14:22:50 PST 2003

Hi again:

>DCML is not a protocol like SNMP or HTTP but it is simply
>like any other
>markup language
>(SyncML, HTML, XML or WML) defining the grammar to
>represent the
>information
>and use some other related protocols (such as HTTP, WSP)
>to transfer that
>information
>across the network. These two (mark up language and the
>protocols) are, I
>would
>consider them, separate.

Well, I'm not a "*ML expert" but I think that DCML bring
important features that future systems would be take care:

- Managenability
- Virtualization
- Provisioning and Automation

Maybe the future IT architectures would be like "connected
entities" and not isolated.

 From the (CG|DC) architecture level perspective. it
wouldn't have the platform interfaces for Virtualization
perspective? and off course in Open Source manner. I think
that the first platforms that would see supporting DCML
will be closed source.

Best regards,

-Adriano (bryam)