[cgl_discussion] ANNOUNCE: OSDL Clusters (foundational components)

Eric.Chacron at alcatel.fr Eric.Chacron at alcatel.fr
Thu Nov 27 00:55:13 PST 2003

Hi,

I read your announcement this morning and the comments from Lars , Steve
and Jon.

I have been involved in CGL clustering spec as you know.
Let me just say two things:

1) we have never made a common discussion (excepted your 30 minuts
presentation in Portland )
 and decision on this new project to have these 3 services (TIPC,
memebership end event)
delivered as a new cluster infrastructure and i understand Lars point of
view.
Is the goal just to have an annoucement  to LKML from OSDL or is it to
build a serious architecture
answering CGL requirements ?

2) technically speaking :
It could make sense to have these services implemented in kernel mode and
this is not the point for me.
The point is to define why these 3 items and why not others.
How an application may use these services to have HA ...
I think we have not really discussed neither the features nor the
architecture.
How your AIS will plug on that ...

Eric

John Cherry <cherry at osdl.org>@lists.osdl.org on 11/26/2003 10:07:47 PM