[cgl_discussion] Memory leak/corruption detection tools for Linux

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Wed Oct 1 12:54:46 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 11:58, Howell, David P wrote:
(...)
> They tried several proprietary tools (Rational Purify, Insure++) and a

This is certainly one of the dominant issues with tools: where the value
line goes? The mission of CGL is to enhance Linux ecosystem, not to kill
it by making everything Open Source.

> Thanks for your help with this. I'm not sure how to proceed with this,
> i.e. as a new 3.0 requirement?

Yes, this is a likely 3.0 candidate.

Speaking of v3, we are planning to start preparing for v3.0 kick-off in
upcoming face-to-face, so this is probably one of the best times to send
us proposals of new features to be included in v3.