IPSec item - RE: [cgl_discussion] POC 9/24 Cancelled

Fleischer, Julie N julie.n.fleischer at intel.com
Thu Oct 2 13:02:01 PDT 2003

> From: Venkata Jagana [mailto:jagana at us.ibm.com]
>
>    Bottomline: IPsec v4 in 2.6.x kernels is as stable the other
>    implementations.
>    As far as the tools are concerned, they are in usable
> condition. We have
>    found
>    some issues and fixed them. Ofcourse, they have been evolving since
>    then.
>    Not sure about user-friendliness, every one's views are different.

Thanks.  I updated the top-10 with this information - http://www.osdl.org/docs/cgl_poc_top_10_projects.txt.  The user space tools seems like what we should discuss at the PoC and if they are a candidate for top-10 or removal from top-10.  Kernel is stable according to this data and Forrest's data.

- Julie

**These views are not necessarily those of my employer.**