[cgl_discussion] PoC concall 10/8/03 Minutes

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 14 09:47:06 PDT 2003

>IPSec maintainer disappeared, userfriendlyness not great but depends on
>user opinion, some bugs.

Not sure what do you mean by this? The IPSec (v4+v6) maintainer is Dave
Miller
as far as 2.6 kernel goes and it is already part of the 2.6 kernel. May be
you
meant to refer to IPSec tools project on Sourceforge.

>IPv6 MIBs targeting end of november for production quality + 3 months

I don't want people to misinterpret when we talk about IPv6 MIBs support
availability.
There are two development pieces as far as this work goes - one is the
kernel
component which implements these MIB objects and the other is the
corresponding MIB
objects support within SNMP agent which gathers the info through
appropriate
interfaces such as netlink from the kernel.

Thanks,
Venkat

                      Steven Dake
                      <sdake at mvista.com>                To:       cgl_discussion at osdl.org
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      cgl_discussion-bounces at lis        Subject:  [cgl_discussion] PoC concall 10/8/03 Minutes
                      ts.osdl.org

                      10/08/2003 09:08 AM
                      Please respond to sdake

***
*** Call to participants: If you have use cases for TIPC, please send
them to Mika.
***

Julie @ Intel
Rusty @ Intel
Johannes @ Nokia
Steve @ MontaVista
Ge @ Sun
John @ OSDL
Mark @ OSDL

TOP 10 List
-----------
IPSec maintainer disappeared, userfriendlyness not great but depends on
user opinion, some bugs.

PKI CA has had no distro input so unknown if distros will support.  Try
to determine distro input.

POC Try to analyze epoll + libevent to determine if it meets the
requirements still top 10.

2.7 Kernel Features List
------------------------
IPv6 MIBs targeting end of november for production quality + 3 months
kernel timing
Robust Mutexes Priority Inheritence end of november for production
quality + 3 months kernel timing

Status Quality
--------------
* uSDE available end of Octoboer
* TIPC two implementations two projects.  John might propose yes
production
  quality by December.  OSDL working on acceptability to the mainline
kernel tree.
  Production quality by December possible, but may not be kernel
mainlineable.
* No distro input on message passing, no idea if December deadlines
possible.  Ronski patch contains "merge" of the ideas in the two message
passing trees.  Latest Ronski patch in-kernel memory filesystem.

Opens
-----

None