[cgl_discussion] PoC concall 10/8/03 Minutes

Rusty Lynch rusty at linux.co.intel.com
Tue Oct 14 13:29:32 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 09:47, Venkata Jagana wrote:
<snip>
> >IPv6 MIBs targeting end of november for production quality + 3 months
>
> I don't want people to misinterpret when we talk about IPv6 MIBs
support > availability. There are two development pieces as far as this
work goes - one is the
> kernel component which implements these MIB objects and the other is
the
> corresponding MIB objects support within SNMP agent which gathers the
info through
> appropriate interfaces such as netlink from the kernel.

Actually, the end of November target is for both kernel development and
development of a NetSNMP subagent (user space) to export the data made
available from the kernel development.

There is an obvious dependency on the kernel patch before the sub-agent
can be completed, but the target was still end of November.

    --rustyl