[cgl_discussion] PoC concall 10/8/03 Minutes

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 14 14:56:34 PDT 2003

>Actually, the end of November target is for both kernel development and
>development of a NetSNMP subagent (user space) to export the data made
>available from the kernel development.

>There is an obvious dependency on the kernel patch before the sub-agent
>can be completed, but the target was still end of November.

Who came up with this target date?? PoC team? or someone else?

As the development stands now, the kernel MIB work for the basic IPv6 MIBs
would likely to be completed by end of December. So far, good progress has
been made with the submission.

The user level SNMP subagent work can only be validated after the kernel
MIB support is available. It means that the entire functionality would
likely be available at the end of the year.

Thanks,
Venkat

                      Rusty Lynch
                      <rusty at linux.co.intel.com>        To:       cgl_discussion at osdl.org
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      cgl_discussion-bounces at lis        Subject:  Re: [cgl_discussion] PoC concall 10/8/03 Minutes
                      ts.osdl.org

                      10/14/2003 01:08 PM

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 09:47, Venkata Jagana wrote:
<snip>
> >IPv6 MIBs targeting end of november for production quality + 3 months
>
> I don't want people to misinterpret when we talk about IPv6 MIBs
support > availability. There are two development pieces as far as this
work goes - one is the
> kernel component which implements these MIB objects and the other is
the
> corresponding MIB objects support within SNMP agent which gathers the
info through
> appropriate interfaces such as netlink from the kernel.

Actually, the end of November target is for both kernel development and
development of a NetSNMP subagent (user space) to export the data made
available from the kernel development.

There is an obvious dependency on the kernel patch before the sub-agent
can be completed, but the target was still end of November.

    --rustyl