[cgl_discussion] PoC concall 10/8/03 Minutes

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 14 17:09:27 PDT 2003

>The timing came from Rusty who suggested end of November for dev
>complete.

Not sure what's the basis for this target date? As I said earlier,
based on our current plans, the kernel pieces would likely be
available (target) by end of Dec and I believe (according to Xou
Yixiong from Intel) the corresponding user pieces should be available
by end of Dec too. Shirley from IBM and Xou are closley working
together on this.

>We generally add 3-6 months of working with the community before the
>software is generally available.

Sure, this model works for some projects but not for this kernel piece
atleast -:)

There is a continued effort of making the kernel IPv6 mib support
available for acceptance into the mainline as the individual MIB object
group support is completed rather than waiting until the entire MIB
development is complete. In fact, Shirley already submitted few kernel
patches for acceptance and the review discussions are ongoing.

Thanks,
Venkat

                      Steven Dake
                      <sdake at mvista.com        To:       Venkata Jagana/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS
                      >                        cc:       Rusty Lynch <rusty at linux.co.intel.com>, cgl_discussion at osdl.org
                                               Subject:  Re: [cgl_discussion] PoC concall 10/8/03 Minutes
                      10/14/2003 03:24
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      sdake

The timing came from Rusty who suggested end of November for dev
complete.

We generally add 3-6 months of working with the community before the
software is generally available.
Thanks
-steve
On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 14:56, Venkata Jagana wrote:

> >Actually, the end of November target is for both kernel development and
> >development of a NetSNMP subagent (user space) to export the data made
> >available from the kernel development.
>
> >There is an obvious dependency on the kernel patch before the sub-agent
> >can be completed, but the target was still end of November.
>
> Who came up with this target date?? PoC team? or someone else?
>
> As the development stands now, the kernel MIB work for the basic IPv6
MIBs

cgl_discussion at osdl.org