[cgl_discussion] Booting Linux faster

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Fri Sep 19 10:20:41 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 09:05, Patrick Mochel wrote:
(...)
> http://midori.transmeta.com/pub/midori-1.0.0-beta3/apps/quickinit_ML1.0.0-beta3-2.mlz
>
> It's just a tar file, and is small enough to be self-explanatory. If
> anyone is interested, feel free to email for more information about
> it.

At least to me the problem here is not lack of interest (well, time
maybe but that is another issue), but rather the political ramifications
with LSB.

The whole thing boils down that there simply are two types of people,
those who think phrase "don't fix it if it isn't broken"
represents ultimate wisdom and those who think it is cool to
break things and then fix them :-)

Unfortunately management oriented people are usually the first type
(I guess I am some weird mutation ;-), which makes this idea of
tinkering with initscripts (which would "break" LSB) a big
challange. Time will tell if I have enough courage to start
pushing this into CGL v3 ...