[cgl_discussion] [announce] Carrier Grade Linux v3.0 Standards early draft available

Fleischer, Julie N julie.n.fleischer at intel.com
Thu Apr 29 14:24:23 PDT 2004

I wanted to let this mailing list know about the availability of an
early public draft of the Carrier Grade Linux v3.0 Standards
specification, available at
http://www.osdl.org/docs/carrier_grade_linux_standards_apis_specs_requir
ements_definition.pdf.  This is an early draft document containing
references to useful and necessary existing standards and interface
specifications (POSIX, IETF) referenced in other CGL v3.0 section
specifications.

Past OSDL Carrier Grade Linux technical documents have contained all
requirements in a single document.  For OSDL CGL v3.0 draft releases, we
are releasing them as more granular sections, roughly split on
functional boundaries.  These boundaries are Standards (this document),
Availability, Clustering, Hardware, Performance, Security, and
Serviceability.

More information on Carrier Grade Linux and the Carrier Grade Linux
Working Group can be found at
http://osdl.org/lab_activities/carrier_grade_linux/.

Feel free to direct any comments on the spec to me directly at
julie.n.fleischer at intel.com or to this mailing list at
cgl_discussion at osdl.org.

Thanks.
- Julie Fleischer
**These views are not necessarily those of my employer.**