[Linux-cluster] Re: [cgl_discussion] Re: [dcl_discussion] Clustersummit materials

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Thu Aug 12 15:59:10 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 13:37, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2004-08-12T10:42:16,
>    Steven Dake <sdake at mvista.com> said:
>
> > agreed...  Transis in kernel would be a fine alternative to openais gmi
> > in kernel.
> >
> > Speaking of transis, is the code posted anywhere?  I'd like to have a
> > look.
>
> It's not yet at the final location, but we put up what we got at
> http://wiki.trick.ca/linux-ha/Transis .

Lars

Thanks for posting transis.  I had a look at the examples and API.  The
API is of course different then openais and focused on client/server
architecture.

I tried a performance test by sending a 64k message, and then receiving
it 10 times with two nodes.  This operation takes about 5 seconds on my
hardware which is 128k/sec.  I was expecting more like 8-10MB/sec.  Is
there anything that can be done to improve the performance?

Thanks
-steve

Certainly a different sort of API then openais...