[cgl_discussion] Small rewording suggestion for section ACC.5

Shaver Robert-r39525 Robert.Shaver at motorola.com
Tue Feb 10 15:27:42 PST 2004

In reading the CGL Requirements Definition document I found this statement in the ACC.5 Mandatory Access Control section (page 90):

"When used correctly, this will restrict the privileges of the super-user to create a more secure Linux system."

I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to make this suggestions.

The wording of this sentence means to me that this requirement will make it harder for the super-user to secure Linux. Isn't that just the opposite of the intention of ACC.5? (I am assuming here that "system administrator" and "super-user" are the same role in this context.)

Might it be said better like this, "When used correctly, these privilege restrictions will aid the super-user in creating a more secure Linux system."

Best regards,

Rob:-]
---
Robert (Rob) Shaver
Middleware & Collaboration Tools Architecture, Standards And Strategies (MCTASS)
---
 mailto:Robert.Shaver at motorola.com
 Voice: 512-996-6990 Fax: 512-996-7191
 Pager: 888-208-4263 mailto:2084263 at skytel.com