[cgl_discussion] [Fwd: CELF and fast boot]

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Wed Jun 9 14:16:44 PDT 2004

Sorry about the typo.  spash->splash

Splash is the first visual or audio indication of activity to the user
of the product after boot up, resume, or unhibernate.  There may be
multiple splash events in the system.  For instance, the CEFS spec
defines the following sequence of main events during a cold start...

1. Power on
2. firmware starts
3. firmware splash
4. kernel decompression starts