[cgl_discussion] CGL: where can I download for free?

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Fri Oct 1 09:00:13 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 07:39, Timothy D. Witham wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 17:52 -0700, John Cherry wrote:
> > Siva,
> >
> > Carrier Grade Linux is not a downloadable OS.  CGL is a specification
> > which commercial or non-commercial distributions can register against.
> > As such, you will need to look for a distribution that is CGL
> > registered.
> >
>     Of course in saying that their is nothing that prevents a community
> distribution from meeting the CGL specification. (Of course somebody
> will need to do the work to make sure it covers all of the bases.)
>
> Tim

Yes.  You are absolutely correct.  The ACME Linux distro could claim CGL
registration by disclosing how they conform to the CGL specification.
Their results would be posted for all to see.  The CGL specification and
registration procedure is posted on the OSDL corporate site at...

http://www.osdl.org/lab_activities/carrier_grade_linux/folder.2004-07-20.3727475984/

John