[cgl_discussion] Updated Forced unmount

Daniel Phillips phillips at redhat.com
Sun Oct 31 22:16:03 PST 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 19:37, Villalovos, John L wrote:
> Here is my update of Atul's port to the 2.6.8 kernel.
>
> This is working on my system but I would love for people to look at
> it and give me feedback.
>
> I realize that it has sections which are big and ugly and I am hoping
> to fix that.
>
> Comments on its actual operation would be appreciated.  Bug reports
> and the like.

This looks fishy:

  cloned_file = clone_filp(file); /* clone the file */
  list_move(&cloned_file->f_list, &sb->s_files);

I don't see where you initialized the ->f_list of the cloned file.

This is a really bad idea:

+   /* wait a bit, in hopes that the processes will take
+    * their errors, close out their files (and hope
+   schedule_timeout(5*HZ);

It's only going to make you miss bugs that will rear their heads later,
never mind the extra time 5 seconds it leaves the poor admin wringing
their hands.

Sorry, I only had time for a superficial look.  It's challenging, to say
the least.

Regards,

Daniel