[cgl_discussion] Re: [cgl_registration] LSB 2.0 for CGL 2.0?

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Wed Sep 8 09:36:41 PDT 2004

Mika....welcome back!

The LSB 2.0 appears to be a mess with regards to c++/gcc and ABI
versions.  I would not be in favor of doing an s/v1.3/v2.0 change to the
CGL 2.0.1 spec.

However, distros will likely certify with either LSB v1.3 OR LSB v2.0.
The question is whether certifying a distro with LSB v2.0 meets the
registration criteria for the CGL v2.0.1 spec.  I would say that either
one should be acceptable.  Perhaps the only wording change to the CGL
2.0.1 spec would be for LSB v1.3 or later.

John