[cgl_discussion] Updated Forced umount

Daniel Phillips phillips at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 12:12:17 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 14:24, Dave Jiang wrote:
> Here is my update of the fumount patch that John Villalovos sent out
> on 10/27/04. This is against the 2.6.11.6 kernel.
> http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/cgl_discussion/2004-October/001938.ht
>ml
>
> I cleaned up the walking of the prio tree for looking up mmaped
> files. Also merged in fixes from Mark Huth regarding the namespace
> races.
>
> Comments and bug reports are greatly appreciated.

Hi, I just want to add my "me too" to this effort in general.  I
probably have issues with the code... I know I did last time I looked
at it, but I have no issues with the sentiment.  Hopefully I'll get
time to help swing the sledgehammer soon.  I'm thinking, we might try a
device-mapper specific forced umount that works especially well for
anything mounted on device-mapper targets.  Or maybe a
device-mapper-only version.

I'll grab this and read it on the plane, if my laptop power doesn't run
out first :)

Regards,

Daniel