[cgl_discussion] Use case - Fast Linux restart bypassing BIOS

Khalid Aziz khalid_aziz at hp.com
Mon Apr 18 15:47:07 PDT 2005

Here is my first pass at use case for fast system restart (a whole day
before deadline. woohoo!)

BTW, why did we choose to say "bypassing BIOS" instead of "bypassing
system firmware"? BIOS is fairly PC-centric and even PCs are starting to
move away from BIOS to EFI. You might notice my use of more generic term
"system firmware" in this doc rather than BIOS :)

Comments, thoughts, criticism?

--
Khalid

Khalid Aziz                       Open Source and Linux Organization
(970)898-9214                                        Hewlett-Packard
khalid.aziz at hp.com                                  Fort Collins, CO

"The Linux kernel is subject to relentless development"
                                - Alessandro Rubini