[cgl_discussion] porting an application to CGL

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Mon Mar 21 22:12:28 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 05:10, ramesh selvaraj wrote:
> hi
>
> if i want to port an application (ex:protocol stack) to CGL what are the things should be done.
> how openAIS will help here.
>
> any one can give me implementation perspective answers.

The area where openais provides benefit is reducing MTTR to improve
availability of the system.  The MTTR is reduced by using the technique
of redundant hardware and software components.

Desinging an AIS implementation is somewhat dependent upon reading the
AIS specification.  There are some decent articles on the SA Forum
website which give overviews of the AIS specification.

Regards
-steve