[cgl_tech_board] Re: [cgl_discussion] Re: [cgl_specs] Use case - Live patching

Brian F. G. Bidulock bidulock at openss7.org
Tue Mar 29 23:02:53 PST 2005

Takashi,

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Takashi Ikebe wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:
> > Takashi,
> >
> > How did live-patching specialized applications turn into live-patching
> > glibc?  Or, the kernel for that matter?
>
> Do you mean what is the condition of live patching?

What I meant to ask was what bearing your remarks with regard to glibc
and gdb had on live-patching if the purpose of live patching is to patch
specialized applications only.

What is the scope of live patching?  Specialized applications?  General
purpose fundamental libraries (glibc), the operating system in general
(kernel)?

--brian

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
bidulock at openss7.org    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦