[cgl_discussion] Re: [cgl_specs] Use case - Live patching

Corey Minyard cminyard at mvista.com
Wed Mar 30 06:54:12 PST 2005

Yes, I agree.  The requirement should only be for user applications, not
distro components or kernel.  It should explicitly say so.  However,
Ralf said:

Then it should be stated very explicitely that this feature may only
be used for and by applications and that it is forbidden to patch
the underlying distro with it.

which would restrict the feature to forbid patching the distro components.

-Corey