[cgl_discussion] Re: [os_drivers] Re: [Desktop_architects] [Announce:] Creation of Open Source Device Drivers Information Site

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Nov 14 13:32:22 PST 2005

Gerrit Huizenga wrote:
> I agree with others that have posted - I think the site would
> benefit from being broader than just kernel if there is some
> committment to keep the relevent pointers/appropriate information
> up to date.  One stop shopping from multiple perspectives is usually
> a good thing.  Even if the OSDL site only provides a link, that is
> forward progress.

Agreed.

FWIW, the CUPS web site also includes a driver page; it currently
does not list as many drivers as the linuxprinting.org site, but
the focus on the CUPS site is on "native" CUPS printer drivers that
do not require Foomatic (which is what you get on linuxprinting.org).

So, please include a link to:

     http://www.cups.org/ppd.php