[cgl_discussion] Carrier Grade Linux discussion

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed May 9 14:15:45 PDT 2007

Hello,

To somewhat formally introduce myself, my name is Matthew Fredrickson
and I work for Digium, the company that is behind the Asterisk project.
  I have done development at nearly every level of that project from the
VoIP side of the world to the traditional telephony side (PRI, SS7,
etc).  I also have done work at the kernel level doing zaptel and
device driver development related to telephony platforms.

As I was searching through the archives, I noticed that there has been
practically no activity for years.  Is there a particular reason for
this, and if not, is there something useful that we as a special
interest group do for furthering linux as a carrier grade telephony
platform?

Matthew Fredrickson