[CHAOSS-D&I] [D&I Badging] Pilot testing Phase two

Matt Germonprez germonprez at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 12:28:04 UTC 2020

Thanks Aastha and Matt.

I *really* do encourage everyone to volunteer for one of these roles.
Aastha and Matt have done a remarkable job on this program and could really
use your help in testing things out. I volunteered in the last pilot test
and it doesn't take long at all and it's great to see all that they have
done.

--> Aastha and Matt, I put my name down to volunteer in the Reviewer issue.
Is this okay?

Matt

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 4:04 PM Badging by CHAOSS <chaoss.badging at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> The second pilot testing Phase for D&I badging will begin next Monday 17th
> August through Friday 21st August. The pilot testing will help us
> understand Event Badging applications and how we can improve them.
>
> The D&I Badging program is meant to provide a way to implement D&I metrics
> by assigning Badges related to the good practices associated with each
> metric. The process for assigning Badges is people-driven and takes place
> over GitHub issues. For this phase of pilot testing, we are looking for
> volunteers to create mock applications, review applications, or help with
> moderating and finalizing badges.
>
> The following are the ways in which volunteers can get involved:
>
>    -
>
>    Applicants:
>    https://github.com/badging/event-diversity-and-inclusion/issues/43
>    -
>
>    Reviewers:
>    https://github.com/badging/event-diversity-and-inclusion/issues/42
>    -
>
>    Moderators:
>    https://github.com/badging/event-diversity-and-inclusion/issues/44
>

> We are looking for a greater number of Reviewers and Applicants as
> compared to Moderators.
>
> Feel free to ask any questions on the GitHub issues provided in these
> links.
>

> Thanks, we are looking forward to this second pilot test!
>
> Aastha and Matt

Mutual of Omaha Professor
Information Systems
College of Information Science & Technology
University of Nebraska Omaha
CV: https://bit.ly/2kftONr

CHAOSS Board Member
https://chaoss.community/