[Chaoss-members] Creation of a new project on Diversity and Inclusion Metrics/Software

Daniel Izquierdo dizquierdo at bitergia.com
Fri Nov 10 18:13:33 UTC 2017

Thanks for your comments!

In the short term, the goal is to keep measuring gender-diversity, as
this is what we have so far.

In the medium term, the goal is to understand how under represented
communities evolve over time, bring metrics of interest and help OSS
projects with this respect.

I feel quite comfortable with the definition used by The Linux
Foundation with this respect when focusing the goal of the Diversity
Empowerment Summit [1] (DES).

Copied from the DES site: "The goal of the Summit is to help promote and
facilitate an increase in diversity, inclusion, empowerment and social
innovation in the open source community, and to provide a venue for
discussion and collaboration."

I think that this could be the goal of this project: be part of such
discussion and help open source communities to "help promote and
facilitate an increase in diversity".

Regards,
Daniel.

[1]