[Chaoss-members] Creation of a new project on Diversity and Inclusion Metrics/Software

D M German dmg at turingmachine.org
Fri Nov 10 19:33:37 UTC 2017

 Jono Bacon twisted the bytes to say:

 Jono> I think CHAOSS helping to define effective metrics for measuring diversity
 Jono> and inclusion initiatives is worthy work. It goes without saying that we
 Jono> should be building more inclusive personalities and companies, and I think
 Jono> CHAOSS could play a useful role in determining how to measure progress in
 Jono> these areas.

i fully agree.

 Jono> My worry here is that this is a politically charged topic with a wide
 Jono> variety of opinions and perspectives and that the project could get bogged
 Jono> down into semantics about what "diversity" means and what "inclusion" means
 Jono> as opposed to producing pragmatic materials and technology to help move the
 Jono> needle. As such, I would recommend:

I would just add that what is diverse (in general) is very geographical
dependent, specially when it comes to race.

--
Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/