[Chaoss-members] Next Steps for CHAOSS Project

Zibby Keaton zkeaton at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Sep 7 21:41:43 UTC 2017

All -

I wanted to send a quick update on where we are at with the CHAOSS
announcement. We will be announcing CHAOSS via linuxfoundation.org on *Monday,
September 11, 2017 at 9 a.m PT*. Jim Zemlin the Executive Director of the
Linux Foundation will also be talking about the project during his keynote
at Open Source Summit North America
<http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-north-america>.

Attached is a near final draft of the blog. We are awaiting a quote from
OpenStack and also doing one final check for grammar and flow.

If you would like to announce the news on your own blog, we encourage you
to do so. Please plan to issue your announcement after we've officially
published our announcement.

We are planning to reach out to a small group of reporters that are
attending Open Source Summit today (please see list below my signature). If
you would like to reach out to reporters on this news, please let Laura
Kempke and myself know before you proceed. Kate Stewart is our spokesperson
for this announcement.

After we make the official announcement on linuxfoundation.org, I'll plan
to send a few suggested social posts on the announcement, if you would like
to promote on your social channels. Feel free to share this update with
your marketing team as well.

Please let us know if you have any questions here.

Cheers,
Zibby

*Media List*

   - Swapnil Bhartiya, freelance
   - Sean Michael Kerner, freelance
   - Dan Meyer, SDxCentral
   - Jeff Meyerson, Software Engineering Daily
   - Joab Jackson, TheNewStack,
   - Steven Vaughan-Nichols, ZDNet

--
Zibby Keaton