[Chaoss-Board] CHAOSS Board Meeting

Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona jgb at bitergia.com
Fri Mar 15 12:22:02 UTC 2019

Thanks, Matt.

I will try to join via teleconf, but in any case Sean will talk to
explain about the GMD working group, and Manrique about GrimoireLab.

Just in case I cannot join, a comment on the proposal for accepting all
OSI-approved licenses for the software produced by CHAOSS project
(except for reference implementations, which I understand will be
covered by MIT). I'm a bit concerned, as I commented in the relevant
pull request discussion, about license proliferation within CHAOSS, and
that causing, potentially, a barrier for reusing and remixing code
between our own projects. If the majority of you see this not as a
problem, I won't oppose, since I don't think this is not an issue now.
But please consider if this could be a future problem for our
ecosystem.

As an alternative to accepting all OSI approved licenses, I propose
that you consider to stay with the current GPL as stated in the
charter, but adding a note that the CAHOSS Board could issue a waiver
to any project that, with a good reason, asks for it. This could be
granted, for example, to Augur, for historical reasons. This way we
would minimize the potential problem of license proliferation.

Well, that's all. I still hope to hear you all in a few hours.

Saludos,

	Jesus.

Bitergia: http://bitergia.com
/me at Twitter: https://twitter.com/jgbarah