[Chaoss-Board] Community Bridge Funds

Raymond Paik rpaik at gitlab.com
Thu May 30 05:01:01 UTC 2019

Thanks Matt,

I think the template is a great start.

There are a few things that we probably want to figure out and I'll list
them below (in no particular order and not exhaustive).

   1. I think it's pretty clear what travel & mentorship expenses are.
   However, what are marketing or meetup expenses? I assume CHAOSS
   swags/merchandise would be under marketing, but if we wanted to spend $'s
   on future CHAOSSCon (e.g. pay for a venue, food/beverage, etc.) do we
   consider that marketing or meetup? I think it'd help to have a list of
   budget items under each category. It doesn't have to be exhaustive, but I
   think some examples would help.
   2. We should have a discussion on a few priority items so that we can
   allocate $'s for those. I think we had lot of discussion on swags, but
   there are probably other areas where we want to invest in?
   3. Once $'s have been allocated for priority items, we can use the rest
   of the budget for community requests (e.g. for travel funds).

As for who approves budget requests, I'm also OK with having a
sub-team/committee of the GB (comprised of 2-4 volunteers) so the entire
board doesn't need to review every request. As George noted, there could
always be escalations to the entire board when appropriate.

Hope that made sense :-)

Ray