[Chaoss-Board] Sponsorship for CHAOSScast

Georg Link linkgeorg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 13:41:19 UTC 2020

Hi CHAOSS Board Members and CHAOSScast panelists,

This is to follow-up on our conversation at the last board meeting about
CHAOSScast sponsorship we get when joining the CodeFund Podcast Network
(CPN).

CPN will share sponsorship revenue with the CHAOSS project. The CHAOSS
Governing Board Finance Committee (Matt G, Georg L, Ray P) will work with
CPN to sort out the details.

As I shared before, Linode will be the sponsor. I received the sponsorship
text
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nm6HnTffrygXpi_Utr0P4mBVSBq8meZMHlIqpRDQM7k/edit#>
that CPN prepared for CHAOSScast. I recorded audio samples
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xuB-XyNiXCZ50TWIG8Y6i2xVLyxbhnuP?usp=sharing>.
One spot will be included at the beginning and one at the end of each
episode.

I plan to update the board about future changes.
If we don't like a future sponsor, we can take CHAOSScast somewhere else,
self-host, or find our own preferred sponsor. CPN indicated a willingness
to work with a sponsor the CHAOSS project recruits.

No action required.

Best,
Georg

PS: If you want to know the current status of the CHAOSScast, please review
the email I sent yesterday to the CHAOSS Community mailing list
<https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/chaoss/2020-April/001270.html>.

--
Georg Link, PhD
(he/him)