[Chaoss-Board] CHAOSS Community Manager

Matt Germonprez germonprez at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 12:24:04 UTC 2020

Hello CHAOSS Board Members,

I'd like to let you know that Sean Goggins and I received support from the
Alfred P. Sloan Foundation to hire a part-time CHAOSS Community Manager for
the next three years. This person will help lead the day-to-day activities
of the CHAOSS project as described below. The current group of people who
are helping advance this search are myself, Sean Goggins, Dawn Foster,
Nicole Huesman, and Georg Link.

We are very excited about this opportunity. Please let me know if you have
any questions and thanks for everyone's ongoing support.

Regards,
Matt

Job Title: CHAOSS Community Manager

The CHAOSS Project (https://chaoss.community/) invites applications for a
Community Manager. The position is a remote, part-time position, funded for
three years. The expected start date is Summer 2020. CHAOSS is a Linux
Foundation project focused on creating analytics and metrics to help define
community health. More information on the project can be found at:
https://chaoss.community/. Competitive salary is negotiable.

The CHAOSS Project does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity,
national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital
status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or
employment. We encourage all with an interest to apply.

The CHAOSS Project includes veteran open source organizations and
individuals who can provide support and are available for advice to the
Community Manager. Expected tasks for the position include:

   -

   CHAOSS Community Growth
   -

      Develop CHAOSS messaging -- Metrics and Software
      -

      Develop CHAOSS membership - Users and Contributors
      -

      Connect with other metric initiatives in the open source ecosystem to
      build a larger network around CHAOSS and have a pulse on the open source
      ecosystem trends
      -

   CHAOSS Meetups and Conferences
   -

      Attend meetups and conferences to connect with members and promote
      the project
      -

      Assist community members in their conference submissions
      -

      Lead the CHAOSScon event planning team
      -

   CHAOSS Outreach
   -

      Manage website and website content at https://chaoss.community
      -

      Set, plan, and implement social media and communication campaigns and
      strategies
      -

      Manage CHAOSS Podcast
      -

      Publish CHAOSS Weekly newsletter
      -

      Generate monthly CHAOSS health report
      -

      Coordinate mentorship programs, such as Google Summer of Code and
      Outreachy
      -

   CHAOSS Community Activities
   -

      Manage metrics releases across all CHAOSS working groups
      -

      Monitor CHAOSS repositories for outstanding Issues and Pull Requests
      and follow up with maintainers to address them
      -

      Manage and improve CHAOSS documentation, including the Community
      Handbook
      -

      Attend and coordinate timing of CHAOSS working group meetings
      -

      Attend and manage the weekly CHAOSS Community Call
      -

   CHAOSS Administration
   -

      Manage interactions and the relationship with The Linux Foundation
      -

      Manage CHAOSS finances via Community Bridge
      -

      Attend CHAOSS Governance Board meetings

The search for the CHAOSS Community Manager will remain open until filled.
However, the anticipated start date is Summer 2020.

--
Mutual of Omaha Professor
Information Systems

CHAOSS Board Member