[Chaoss-Board] CHAOSS Goals 2020

Matt Germonprez germonprez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:56:02 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

In advance of our board meeting next Friday (March 13th), I'd like to share
the goals that I received from you all. I'm hoping that you can take a look
and think about how you might want to help advance some of these goals. I
look forward to seeing many of you in CA.

Thanks,
Matt

   1.

   More engagement with OSPOs and their equivalent.
   2.

   CHAOSS metrics release cadence and dissemination
   3.

   Certifying software to be CHAOSS metrics conformant. An adoption
   notification for metrics released
   4.

   Highlighting how to share use cases and success stories of metrics in
   practice
   5.

   Strategy for CHAOSScon
   6.

   KPIs or weighted use of metrics by category in order to come up with
   some "label" or "attribute" for each one.
   7.

   Bringing context to the metrics as this aggregates
   project/organization/ecosystem level as useful for the following
   stakeholders:
   1.

      Open Source Foundations, OSS project managers, community managers,
      etc, as this may help understand if compared to others, and
lessons learned
      can flow from one project to another
      2.

      OSPOs as this would be a place to have a look at and compare if they
      want the projects that matter to them with well known projects. And this
      would be useful for organizations consuming the software as well.
      3.

      InnerSource participants through use cases such as transparency,
      communication, etc, as this will help to compare how far they
are from the
      'ideal' world.

--
Mutual of Omaha Professor