[Chaoss-Board] How to continue CHAOSScast? [Fwd: Rebase is shutting down on Sept 18]

Daniel Izquierdo daniel.izquierdo.cortazar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 22:41:18 UTC 2020

+1 to your proposal Georg with Matt's restrictions on top :).

We may need to be more aggressive looking for sponsors and review this
perhaps after two episodes / 1 month.

Regards,
Daniel.

El mar., 8 sept. 2020 a las 22:15, Matt Germonprez (<germonprez at gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi Georg,
>
> Thanks for the follow-up on this.
>
> Yes, I think that we need to slow the cadence. The problem, even with what
> you propose, is that our current Community Bridge account would only fund
> this for two months. I'm hoping to address this but for now, this is where
> things are at. I would say, perhaps, one month under this model (funds to
> be approved by the finance team) and during that time, we pretty
> aggressively look for financial sponsorship for CHAOSScast.
>
> Matt
>

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 2:59 PM Georg Link <linkgeorg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Any thoughts on how to continue CHAOSScast without Rebase.fm's services?
>>
>> I propose we do the following:
>> 1. Continue to use Firebase for hosting podcast ($19/month)
>> 2. Pay for audio editing ($99/episode).
>> 3. Pay for detailed show notes ($60/episode).
>> 4. Reduce release frequency to every other week to cut cost.
>> 5. Approach sponsors to secure funding for CHAOSScast.
>>
>> This will cost us $349/month for 2 episodes per month.
>>
>> I can lay out the expenses and request a refund through Community Bridge.
>>
>> Best,
>> Georg
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 4:24 PM Georg Link <linkgeorg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> TL/DR:
>>> I just got below message that Rebase will shut down and stop supporting
>>> CHAOSScast in two weeks.
>>> The good news is that we own CHAOSScast and will not lose anything.
>>> The bad news is that we need to find a new way to sustain the podcast.
>>>
>>> I’m informing you about this development so that we can find a solution
>>> together.
>>> Your thoughts are welcome.
>>>

>>> Rebase provided the following key services:
>>> 1. Zoom room for recording
>>> 2. Audio editing
>>> 3. Show notes creation
>>> 4. Fireside account