[Chaoss-Board] CHAOSS response to FSF

Georg Link linkgeorg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 20:55:00 UTC 2021

Hi CHAOSS Board Members,

Here's my opinion:

*Public Statement*: (Undecided) I was at first hesitant but recognized the
message of inaction. I like the short OpenUK statement and think something
similar would be great for CHAOSS. Sean's proposal could be a good starting
point but I agree with Dawn that RMS has had enough attention. Another
thought is to highlight our Inclusive Leadership metrics
<https://chaoss.community/metrics/#user-content-focus-area---leadership>
and affirm that we drink our own wine and strongly believe free/open source
software as a whole would be better if everyone followed that path;
although exploiting the current outcry to market our metrics doesn't sit
right either.

*Community Communication:* Yes. With Dawn's, Kate's, and Don's suggestions.

Combine public statement and community communication? We could send the
email to our mailing list and post it on our blog, making the statement a
bit more public.

*Sign Open Letter:* Yes. I personally signed the letter and would support
CHAOSS signing as well.

Best,
Georg

PS: I canceled my FSF membership.