[Chaoss-software] A new thread on meetings

Raymond Paik rpaik at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Nov 1 22:22:16 UTC 2017

All,

There was a discussion on the best meeting format/vehicle for the Software
Committee and several threads have started on topics such as voting and
collaboration among projects.

I don't know about others, but I actually found some of the email
discussions pretty difficult to follow.  It definitely didn't help that I
was traveling, but most of the discussions were buried with other emails
and I often ended up reading very long e-mail threads.  I'm not necessarily
proposing frequent/regular meetings, but for some topics I think it'd be
more efficient for many participants to have a synchronous meeting.

Could I propose a ~45 minute call next week as Kate and I are both not
traveling?  As I noted on another thread, I definitely agree that the
formation of a initial group of committer/merge rights is pretty critical.
If there are no objections, I'll be sending out a Doodle poll to several
people to check people's availability (the meeting will still be open to
everyone).

Thanks,

Ray